History of Federal-Mogul Deva GmbH
The Idea of the founder in 1898 was to meet the increasing requirement for unlubricated seals by the development of a "solid material with solid lubricants". The first finished products were graphite-covered seals.
1949 after the Second World War Deva was established in Stadtallendorf, a medium-sized industrial community about 100 kilometers north of Frankfurt/Main. The company's product range gradually changed from graphite-covered seals to self-lubricating metals with incorporated graphite.
Picture made in production 1953 Deva administration building 1955
1975 Deva became a member of the AE Group, and the name changed to Glacier GmbH - DEVA Werke. DEVA emerged as a well-known supplier for self-lubricating bearings for high loads and high temperatures at low sliding-speeds.
Production middle of the sixties
1998 AE Group was acquired by the T & N Group; DEVA became a member of the Glacier Industrial Bearings Group.
1998 T & N Group was acquired by Federal-Mogul Corporation. Since August 1998, DEVA has been known as Federal-Mogul Deva GmbH. Today, DEVA has almost 200 employees.